Thursday, March 03, 2011

Tilda Celebrates

Hello.

I have several birthday cards to make this month--four of them I think...yikes! So here's one down... and three to go (gulp).



This is the wonderful sketch that I used for this card. This was created by Heather for the Challenge #38 at Basic Grey Challenges.

I've used 2 gorgeous DP's from the Basic Grey Indian Summer Collection: Milkweed and Maple Sugar. I love the design on the Milkweed paper and I was sorry that I had to cover it up for the front of the card. I decided to use the rest of the paper for the inside of my card so you can see the design better there (see below).


This adorable Tilda is called Celebration Tilda. She is a special edition Tilda made especially for Crea Duymelot Shop in the Nederlands. You can only get the stamp there. My friend Maz, gave me the heads up on this and I just couldn't resist her. She is very appropriately named as you can use her on a card to celebrate any occasion--very versatile.

I've made her an auburn or red-haired Tilda to match the colour scheme of the DP's. I think this is the first time I've used that hair colour on Tilda--at least purposely...LOL.


A few other challenges that I am entering with this card: (all having to do with flowers...hee hee...I can see that everybody is just so ready for spring!)

Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #85 - Flower Power

Simon Says Stamps - No cook recipe challenge - 1 image, 2 patterned papers (2 from the Basic Grey Indian Summer Collection), 3 different types of embellishments (flowers, ribbon and pearls).

Stamp Something Friday - Something with Flower Challenge.

All Sort Challenge - Week 92- Make your own flowers.

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes


Here's the inside of the card. I've kept it very simple so you can see the DP design. See, isn't that paper gorgeous?



And here's a close up for the flowers I made--not that you really need a close-up shot, as you can click once, and then again, on the picture above to blow it up if you want a closer look...LOL. But I thought it would me a nicer layout of this posting.

Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I very much appreciate your visit.



Stamps: Magnolia Celebration Tilda, the sentiments are computer generated.

DP's: Basic Grey Indian Summer Collection Milkweed and Maple Sugar.

Tools: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Set Wildflower Deep, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Magnolia Doohickey Die Leaf, Nellie Snellen leaf punch and embossing punch, daisy flower punches from Martha Stewart, McGill and Punch Bunch, Martha Stewart Hydrangea petals punches.

Misc.: Ribbon and pearls from my stash.

Medium: Markers - Promarker, Touch and Letraset Tria Pantone (these Tria Pantones have been discontinued [boo hoo hoo, I cried buckets], but they are actually my favorites--good thing I bought the ink refills..LOL). Red hair was done with Touch 94, Tria Pantone 484, 486 and 4655.

43 comments:

dolcreations said...

Norma..I would love to spend just a day with you in your craft room. Learn how do to do those beautiful flowers you do, learn how to colour like a pro, and learn how to do cards like you! Oh that would be heaven!

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Norma, these papers are beautiful and Tilda looks so pretty!
Clairexx

charlene said...

Beautiful ! I love those colors and those papers are so yummy...great job
Hugs

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful sketch, but all your embellishments are so pretty they simply show off Tilda to her finest! How blessed you are to have this image, she is delightful and I love the color scheme you used on her. Everything about this card is excellent including the beautiful inside panels! Hugs, Barb

Sandy said...

Oh WOW! Do I love this or what!! I love this Norma - at first glance it looks like a delightful present -The sketch is really great and you have done one wonderful job interpreting it. "Here I am!" says Miss Tilda - beautiful color - Love Tilda's hair - your coloring is fantastic and the flower arrangement could not be better - everything is picture perfect and I am sorry if I drooled all over your computer.
XO Sandy

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! How pretty! Love it!

jojoscraps said...

Wow! This is just a beautiful card. Your papers and perfect coloring, your take on the sketch...beautiful. I really like the flowers too.
Jo xx

Sharon said...

Hi Norma,

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colour scheme and the way you've coloured Tilda. Your flowers are just stunning.

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Flower Power Challenge.

Sharon x

Patti Jo said...

Love her auburn hair and she is so pretty! Gorgeous flowers too Norma!!! Beautiful card all the way around!!!

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Wow what a pretty card. Love the colouring.
Miranda

brenda said...

Hi there Norma

What a pretty card and super flowers.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts Challenge this week and hope to see you again.

B x

Lamanuelle said...

Trop belle ta carte! Elle est "vivante"!! Bravo! Bises. Nadine

Suzanne said...

Another gorgeous card x

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Norma wow! stunning card i love it!!!

Camilla said...

Wow! Your card is stunning!:)
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week for the flower challenge.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs, Camilla

Eulanda said...

Absolutely stunning!! Anyone would be thrilled to get that gorgeous thing for their birthday. Love the handmade flowers!

Unknown said...

Wooohooo Norma, you used a Dutch Magnolia stamp! She is just so cute don't you think?! And so is your card, love the flowers you put in and the DP is gorgeous! Hugs, Frea

Monique said...

This is so adorable Norma ! This Tilda is so cute ! And I love the flowers :)).

Hugs Monique

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, whoever gets this gorgeous card will surely treasure it! I find the red hair totally fabulous. How can I get on your birthday list????? hahahahahaha

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! Norma this is so gorgeous!! I love the colors you used and those flowers you made are fantastic!! Beautiful detailing on them with all the shading. Tilda is gorgeous. I just love her and you've brought her to life with your fabulous coloring! A stunner of a card!
hugs, Sharon

Rene said...

You had me at "red-headed!"
Such a pretty girl and gorgeous card!
Rene :D

Myrna said...

Norma your card is beautiful! This Tilda is so adorable! LOVE your flowers they are just beautiful!

Maureen said...

Norma! What a wonderful card! At first glance I thought the ribbon wrapping was around a gift... your colouring is awesome and I am so impressed with your flowers! You MADE them?? Holy crow. So beautiful!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Oh my!!!!
Such a fabulous card Norma. Your coloring is out of this world and so is your design and DP's. Awesome, awesome.
As for your flowers they are beautiful and beautifully arranged. I love how it all blends so well together. Love that red hair.
Hugs Maz

Diana Crick said...

Absolutely stunning Norma. Love the papers and yummy colours!
hugs, Diana

Card Crazy said...

Norma, she's delightful. The colors are so alive and that red hair is fantastic! It looks so real. Love it.
Sue S.

Unknown said...

What an adorable card!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Norma! Beautiful layout and papers! Love those handmade flowers! Your card is beautiful inside and out! big hugs, Angela

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous, fabulous, recent makes, Norma. Frosty Tilda looks adorable in your last post and I love the flowers in this one! Hugs, Lesley

Pam said...

OMG Norma...this is FABulous and I love...love...love it!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Candy said...

Norma,
Each card you make is more wonderful than the last one!
Such exquisite work!!! Your hand made flowers are delightful.
Your image a real treasure.
Hugs, Candy

Cami said...

Gorgeous card inside and out, Norma! The DPs are beautiful and this Tilda is so cute! Lucky you to have this special edition Tilda! Love the color scheme and how you colored her!
Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Totally gorgeous and the handmade flowers are amazing Norma :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

Beautiful card Norma. Love the colors you chose.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Tilda Birthday card Norma! inside and out!!! gorgeous flowers too!
Pam Going Postal

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness Norma...beautiful card
love your hand made flowers.
hugs Linda

Lisa said...

Beautiful Norma! I love the layering and the gorgeous coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OH Norma you did it again hun!! You encourage me to step oiut of my comfort zoe my friend.LOVING THE RED HAIR ON HER!!! Wht color dye is that?? Tehee jk!

Your flowers you create are so pretty aand speaking of bdays lol!!! I know someone's bday is coming up lol!! Yup hun it's on my mind♥

The receiver is gonna go bunkers when they see their gorgeous card!Lucky gals,Ruby♥

p.s
I USE THOSE PROMARKERS TOO!!!! I ws sad to hear they were discontinued:( I JUST LOVE THEM SO SO VERY MUCH!!!

Pat said...

Hi Norma...gorgeous creation, sweetie!! Yoyr soloring is stunning stunning stunning! Hugs. Pat Frank

Christine said...

Wow!! Your card is amazing!! Your coloring and use of embellishments is awesome!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is a Dream!!!
And this flowers, i love it.
Annette

Renkata said...

Norma , such a stunning card dear.
Love the flowers!

Dena said...

Gorgeous Norma inside and out! Love the way you did the flowers!
Hugs, Dena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...