Friday, September 17, 2010

A Foxy Lady

Hello!

I was in a Christmasy mood--yes, even as the fall season is just approaching...yikes, next week! But really, is it every tooo... early for a Christmas card? A matter of opinion I guess. Anyway, I've used this In2stamps image of Lady Petronella.


Thanks to Erin for the use of her sketch that she created for Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #36.

The colour scheme of the card is to meet the Colour Create Challenge #53 - red, gold and white or cream.

And at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge, their theme is Christmas colours. I am hoping that that doesn't mean I have to actually use the tradional colours of red and green.


The original image of Lady Petronella actually has her holding a stem of flower in her left hand, but I didn't think that went well with the Christmas theme. So I did some work masking the flower from the stamped image.

Wherever I colour a touch of gold on the image, I overlay it with some gold micro-glitter. I also use the glitter to frame each piece of the DP's.


Yay...weekend coming up! Have a good one everyone! I'm always looking forward to weekends, especially on Mondays...LOL. Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your visit very much. Take care!


Stamps: In2stamps Lady Petronella from the April Releases Collection (available from In2stamps on-line store here), PSX G3341 poinsettia, G Studio Holiday clear Stamp series 33.
DP: Creative Imaginations stripes, Making Memories Big Dot Rouge Paperie, Basic Grey Wassail Collection Cranberry Sauce, American Crafts dots.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Petite Ovals Large.
Misc: Vintage Attic Treasures pearls, Michaels pearls, ribbons from my stash.





13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Norma, I have made a few Christmas cards, and although I usually don't start them 'till about Oct/Nov, I have really enjoyed the relaxed way of taking my time, instead of rushing around at the last minute. Think I have make 20 so far.
Your card is lovely, pretty papers and a cute image. Debbiexx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Norma this is stunning the papers and colours are beautiful I am so loving that wonderful image I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Louise said...

Beautiful card, I love this image.
Your coloring is fantastic. I always seem to have a bit of a challenge when using red.

CraftyC said...

Love this card Norma,fabulous colours. I have this stamp, just hasn't seen daylight yet!!
Clairex

Renkata said...

Hi Norma, what a delightful card. Wow great colouring and beautiful design.

Lia said...

beautiful card, beautifully colored
hugs Lia

Brigadier said...

Wow, also have this mark, you have to set the scene beautifully, I love your card.
Brigadier

dolcreations said...

This is absolutelty beautiful Norma.I love the shade of reds that you used and I love how you outlined the card with that gold glitter! Your colouring is so perfect! Someone is going to be so lucky to receive this beauty at Christmas!

lin_ka1 said...

Sweet card in color and composition, and the stamp of a fox is simply sensational.

Juanita said...

Gorgeous card, love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Julie said...

Hi Norma - your card is fabulous!! Stunning colour and such a great image! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around! Juliexx

Cami said...

Norma! Your card is stunning!!! I love the colors and of course your coloring that really gives so much depth to your images! The papers, color combo, embellies all go together so well! You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations! Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the dimensional and flow of your coloring Norma. Beautifully done!
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...