Monday, June 07, 2010

Lady Tilda

Hello!

I tried to post this last night, but Google Blogger was down...at least I think it was. I just wasn't able to post it. I wonder if anybody else was having the same problem. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just me...LOL.

I have a card here featuring this oh, so adorable Lady Tilda from the Magnolia's 2010 Fairy Tale Collection.


I have used this sketch of Janneke's that she has created for the Challenge #105 at Friday Sketchers.

The colour scheme is for Week 23 colour challenge at Create4Fun - black and white and one other colour of my choice. (Sorry, but I simply just have to use a touch of green for the leaves.)

A few other challenges that I am entering with this card:

Crafts and Me - Challenge #5 - Distressed

Charizma Cards - Challenge #22 - Flowers

Fun with Shapes and More - Challenge #56 - Handmade Background


I have added some glitter to Lady Tilda's bodice and underskirt.

The two designer papers are self-made. Using the same stamp image, I have stamped using black ink on white paper for one of them and for the other stamped white ink on black paper (also used white embossing powder here).

The single rose I have made following this tutorial -- you can find a similar tutorial in the Fairy Tale issue of the Magnolia Ink magazine.

Thanks for your visit. Enjoy the week!


Stamps: Magnolia Lady Tilda, Hot Off the Press clear stamp set Botanicals.
DP: Mustard Moon old red tractor small plaid.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities circles and scallop circles, McGill twig punch, EK Success flower punches and centre flower punch from Michaels $1.50 bin.
Misc.: Recollections pearls and brads, Tim Holtz distress ink pads black soot and aged mahogany, ribbons from my stash.

26 comments:

Debbie said...

Norma this is so gorgeous, I love all the Magnolia stamps, but this one is very sweet isn't it.
Love the colours you have used and the papers are to die for. Debbiexx

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is STUNNING Norma!!!! LOVE the colours!!! And I believe quite a few people had Blogger problems recently! Hope they get it sorted soon!
xXx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card Norma, beautiful work.
luv
Debby

Nadell said...

WOW !!! Fabulous card and al lovley image. The backgound ist fantasic. Thanks for joining us at FWSM.

Hugs Nadell

Shelley said...

Just beautiful! Awesome colouring and lovley image. hugs Shelley

Loz said...

Wow Norma this is stunning! I love the stamped DP you made, that is gorgeous and your colouring is so pretty! This is my new fave Tilda! Love this card ♥

Irena said...

Your card is very beautiful, the image is lovely and perfect colored.
The details are wonderful.

Tracy said...

This is a very charming creation, I love your stamped papers and your image looks gorgeous too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Angelwood said...

Wow what beautiful coloring on this image! She is lovely. Beautiful coordinating papers - very elegant. hugs, Angela

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Norma! This is so beautiful, not just the sketch, which is fabulous, but your placement of black and white. I love you dp and the sponging on your circle - simple and very elegant. Your coloring of Tilda is exceptional! Truly a wonderful job...hugs...Barb

Christina C. said...

Wow, this card is strikingly beautiful. Love the DP and that gorgeous Tilda, colored to perfection. Your rose is stunning!

Silvie Z said...

This is awesome Norma, love the layout! And the stamped papers are awesome, what a great idea!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Norma! I totally LOVE your card!
Pam Going Postal

Tracey said...

What a gorgeous Tilda and so beautifully coloured! This card is stunning!!

Peggie said...

Very pretty. Love the pinkish color with the black and white.

paola said...

FABULOUSLY ELEGANT! the dp's and the paper you have chosen are the perfect touch with this little lady
smiles
Paola

Monique said...

She is beautifull !! I love your card.

Hugs Monique

Janneke said...

Awesome card Norma ;0)
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week.

Janneke X

Me said...

Beautiful card...

Leonie said...

Just beautiful! these colours are so striking together and Lady Tilda is my favourite of the Fairytale collection so I think she is just beautiful!
Hugs leonie

LINDA W. said...

I love your self-made,I need to try
that.I always love your cards.
Hugs Linda W.

kraftykylie said...

Gorgeous Card !!! Your colouring is absolutely gorgeous. Your papers are beautiful.
Big Smiles to you
Kylie :D

gina g said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Norma. I just love the way you have created the DP's and the use of the Black & White and Red is a great.
hugs
Jennifer

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Your card is stunning! Love your hand made paper. Your colouring is awesome and so is your design and beautiful rose :o)
Hugs, Candy

Patti Jo said...

She is adorable and you have made her elegant too! Love the papers you made....also very elegant along with your pretty rose and flowers!!! Fantastic card Norma!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...