Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Sunday to all!

(Sorry, sorry, I am so... late with this posting. Although this Sunday morning here, it is already in the evening down under. I meant to do this late last night, but I was too tired and fell asleep and of course this morning I overslept. Isn't that just how that usually works? LOL.)

Anyway this a Happy Father's Day Card. Yes, that is correct. Although Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June in the United States, Canada, UK and several other countries, in Australia it is celebrated on the first Sunday in September.

So this is the fortnight challenge of Magnolia Down Under Challenge #20-- A Father's Day Card. I would love it if you can visit us at the MDUC and see the beautiful creations of the other DT members and join us in the fun. Also, their names are listed in the side bar, here and at MDUC, and you can click on their names and see the details of their individual cards.

In creating this card, I have used this wonderful sketch shown to the right that was provided by Beatrix at the Friday Sketchers Challenge Blog.

I am also using the colours from the challenge at Colour Create Challenge Blog. The colours are Blue, Sand, Silver and Black.




This elegant-looking Edwin on the card is the Magnolia Lucky Edwin image.

The hat charm near the bottom of the card is a late addition to the card. I had this spot blank at first. Looking at the sketch, I was suppose to put flowers there, but this being a male card, I was not going to do that. Men may very well like flowers, but I just do not consider flowers as male-card embelishments. I have the hardest time with embelishments when it comes to male cards. I couldn't think of what to put there, so I had it left blank. So I was the happiest person when I found this hat as I was rummaging throught my stash. Yeah! I've forgotten that I even had it.

That's all folks. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks for visiting and if you have a moment, please leave me a comment.

Later on in the afternoon, I'm off to see Ponyo. I am so excited. I am just a big kid at heart. I love, and I mean luvvvv..., animation. And I am a huge huge huge fan of Hayao Miyazaki.

DP's: DCWV Tahiti Bch Yellow Flowers Gltr, Chatterbox Guest Plaid, American Crafts Elegant Gown.Embelishments: Karen Foster Design Mini Charms Dance, Making Memories brads, Kaiser Craft pearls.

40 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Norma, I'm so glad I went back looking for emails I missed. I never saw this one come across, and what a beautiful card I was missing out on!!! You did a gorgeous job with this sketch! I love all your wonderful details, and Edwin looks so handsome!!! Beautiful work!!! hugs!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Norma, this is one of my favourite Edwins, he looks so 'grown up' and the colours and papers are perfect. Have a great day

Unknown said...

This card is great! Haven't seen many cards with Edwin. You've made this card really stand out!

Tracey Feeger said...

Norma - what a beautiful beautiful card. I love this. I love the design, DP and your colouring is just brilliant as always.
mwah
Trace

cabio's craft corner said...

You Edwin is looking so wonderfully and his hat is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I should do more cards using him.
Hugs,
Cabio

Kellie said...

I think this card is just amazing as always. The hat charm is just the perfect added touch! A fantastic inspirational card xx.

Suzanne J Dean said...

What a fabulous Edwin card--he looks just dandy & I adore the lil' hat charm! Perfect!

hugz,
Suzanne

Danielle said...

Wow! Stunning card Norma! The colours and papers are just fabulous and your colouring of Edwin is so amazing! Love that hat charm too!
Hugs, Danielle

Dena said...

Wow this card is sure stunning! I love it. So nice to see the "guys" used every once in a while. Thanks for playing in Colour Create this week. Hope to see you again next time! Hugs, Dena

Debbie Pamment said...

What a dapper young Edwin - and that hat charm is just the perfect finishing touch!!! Your cards alwasy amaze and this one is no exception!
Hope you enjoyed your show too - it's great to be a big kid sometimes - keeps us young at heart for sure!!!
xXx

Cheryl said...

terrific Edwin card, Norma! Great colors. I especially like his jacket! great job on a difficult sketch!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Norma ;0)
TFS

Janneke X

Nancy said...

Hi Norma,
What a great Father's Day card! This Edwin looks so grown up and your coloring is perfect.
Love all the details!
Hugs,
Nancy

Monica said...

Norma, Great male card--Edwin looks great, and the hat is a nice touch---I agree with you about flowers on a male care.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful masculine card Norma!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love everything about this card Norma - Edwin is so sweet, your papers are just gorgeous and work so well together, you've done an amazing job with the sketch and your colouring is perfect. Love it!
(Thanks for your lovely comment on my card but you called me Tracey - giggle !! Her name was under my card but above hers so I can see what happened.) Your cards are always amazing so I thank you so much for your kind comments on mine.
Hugs,
Ramona

dolcreations said...

I just love your cards Norma..this one is just as fantastic as the rest! I always struggle with male cards so this is certainly an inspiration for me! I love how you put the hat embellishment on there..how perfect! The layout is awesome as well!
Christine

dmbennett said...

What a great card. I'm always stuck on what to do for a masculine card.

Jacque said...

Darling card, Norma!!! And a wonderful masculine card...Love the use of hat for embellishment. beautiful colors...Great take on Bea's sketch!!! Thank you somuch for joining us at Friday Sketchers...Hugs..Jacque

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card! Edwin looks so handsome sitting there and I love the pp you used!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma! This is just darling. I love the added black, it really makes your colors POP! Great Father's Day card too...hugs...Barb

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

A fabulous card. Any dad would be proud to get this one! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Norma - a Fabulous Fancy Edwin for sure! Love your coloring and all the detail in your card!
Pam Going Postal

LINDA W. said...

Hi Norma, I love your card,just the right card for a male,i like the dp's and your hat set the card off.

Unknown said...

oh wow how fantastic and soooo wonderful. the colours and coloration are so great, the choice of papers too. i love the wonderful hat charm, fits so great to the image. your card is just perfect.
thank you so much for your entry with my sketch to the friday sketchers challenge.
have a nice week. hugs, bea

Denise said...

Very gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

JUST DARLING!!! This is one of the most "prettiest" Edwin cards i have seen!!! I have never seen this image before uhhhhh ahhhhh I want one like that so purty!!! nice work NORMA thanks for sharing. RubyM

Regina said...

Norma!!! As always!! you made my day!! It´s locely!!
Hugs

Regina

Karen Arthur said...

This is a fabulous card. I love the color combination and how you applied it to the sketch design.... great job.

Cami said...

Cute, cute, cute card Norma! Love this Edwin and you've made it such a wonderful masculine card. Love your coloring (as always) and the layout is done to perfection! Great card. Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
What a fantastic Edwin card!!! Just love the colours you have used to colour him. Your hat embellishment is perfect!!!!
Beautiful job.....

Heather said...

Wow Norma - this is fabulous. Those Dp are stunning and that fabulously coloured Edwin looks so 'suave'.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CC.
hugs Heather xx

Janiel/ janny said...

What a fabulous card. I love the papers with this design and the colors are stunning..
Thank you for joining Colour Create Challenge. hugs, janny

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Hi Norma! Your coloring is just beautiful! Awesome card!

bummer your punch is broken! can you exchange it in the store? that should defently not be with a fiskars. i am having trouble iwht my martha punches.. i think iam on the 4. doily lace

hugs

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely stunning card. You've used the challenge colours perfectly. I love the image. Excellent work.
Sharon xx

Jodie from Oz said...

wow, amazing. love the colour scheme, love Edwin, and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for the inspiration..hugs Oz_Jodie

Vivi Casale said...

Norma, this card is absolutely gorgeos! you did an outsanding job on it!!
I LOVE IT!!
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

OH Norma! I love this card. Edwin is so handsome. I may have to get this stamp! Beautifully colored. I read your profile. You sound so much like me! I love all kinds of art mediums but once I got hooked on stamping that was it. I wake up thinking about cards. LOL! really pitiful isn't it!
Fantastic card Norma,
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Deanne said...

This is stunning Norma! I love the stitching, and the silver brads in the corners, and the image, and... Well I just love everything about it!

Great job!
xx-Deanne

Di said...

WOW fabulous card love the colouring of Edwin Fabulous bloke card!



Thanks for joining Colour Create this week.
DI

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...