Saturday, June 06, 2009

You make me smile

Happy Saturday!

I finally got my card done for the Magnolia-licious June sketch challenge.

(I'm constantly playing catch-up with the challenges that are out there. Don't know which one to tackle next. We've got possible challenges coming out our ears, don't we?. May have to start tossing a coin, hee hee hee.)

Anyway, here's the end result of my work. I'm finally using the new Tilda with Butterfly image from the Chasing Butterfly collection--she's soo.. cute. I wondered about the cap that Tilda is wearing. Doesn't it look like a strawberry to you? LOL.

This is the wonderful sketch that I used for the card, provided by Kerry.

And this is the inside of my card.

I've got a short announcement here. Woo hoo!!! I'm going to be a guest DT member at the Magnolia Down Under Challenge blog, for 4 weeks in the month of June. Kellie, thank you very much for the opportunity. I'm soo... excited. I'm tickled pink.
Thanks for stopping by. And have a wonderful weekend!

Stamps: Magnolia #345 Tilda with Butterfly, sentiment from Hero Arts LL169 From the Heart Greetings set.
DP: Basic Grey Blush Admire, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus Birthday Girl Plaid, Hot Off the Press Joy's Vintage Paper .

18 comments:

Jacque said...

Congratulations, Norma...that's wonderful news!!! This little Tilda is just precious...lovely card...pretty inside also...love the colors in that paper...Hugs...Jacque...and Norma, if it makes you feel better, it takes me forever to make a card...lol

cabio's craft corner said...

Right On, Norma. Congratulations!
I admire your flower embellishment and love the little cute butterflies inside your card too. They just added great touch with this Tilda image.
Hugs,
Cabio

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Wow! Congratulation...Love this card especially your color choices.

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, wow, wow, Norma. What wonderful news for you. Congratulations!! You sweet card is just lovely. No deadline on the June sketch, I think, just get it down by the end of June. Your flower embelishement is wonderful. Your colors are wonderful, the whole card is wonderful!!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Congrats, Norma!!! A postition very well deserved! LOVE your card! Tilda is gorgeous and that spray of flowers is so pretty! Love the inside too!
hugs!
Sharon

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a gorgeous card - love the DP flowers!!! Am soooooo excited to have you on board at MDUC.
xXx

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Norma, your card is just adorable! I love it!
and WOW!! to be a guest designer!?!?! That is awesome!! Congratulations!!
Hugs
Vivi

Lisa T said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Absolutely fabulous Norma! Gorgeous coloring & love, love the layout & dp! Remember the June sketch is for the WHOLE month, it's only the 1st week of June, LOL---you're way ahead of the game!!
Beautiful job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Nancy said...

Norma...Congrats on your good news you will do a fabulous job. I love your card you did a fab job on the inside as well.

marsha said...

Congrats on being a guest designer! I love your Tilda, fab coloring and layout.

Hugs,
Marsha

Candy said...

Hi Norma,

Oh I am so excited that you are going to be on the DT !!!! You deserve to be for sure. Your cards are amazing and full of hard work!

I love this one, as I do all of your cards. Your paper is sooooo pretty, your colouring is excellent, and the inside is special - as always.

By the way it always takes me ages to make a card and this is the first month I have the challenge done in the first week!!!

Big Hugs, Candy

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness! YOur sketch card is wonderful! I love the colors you used with your papers! You are very talented!
Must visit here more often!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh totally gorgeous! your colouring is fabulous and I love how the inside of your cards is as pretty as the outside! Congratulations on joining the Down Under DT!

mynewblog said...

Wow, I missed this one ... was having Internet problem for a while now I can play catch up and look at all your posted cards that I missed.
A sweet card of Tilda, I like the flowery backgrounds.

Denise said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!

marsha said...

Gorgeous card! I love your dp and this Edwin is so "flirty"!

Hugs,
Marsha

Laurel said...

Norma. I love this card - perfect colors and coloring! Just so beautiful!! Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...